Represents the root document element of a VoiceXML document.
application = "URI"
version = "string"
xml:base = "string"
xml:lang = "string"/>
- The URI of the application's root document.
- DEPRECATED. Use xml:base instead.
- The version of VoiceXML to which the VoiceXML document conforms. Developers authoring applications to run on the Tellme platform should set this value to 2.1.
- The base URI used to resolve relative references within the document.
- The language and locale type for this document as defined in RFC 3066 . The default value is en-US.
|The vxml element can contain one or more dialogs. It can also contain data, grammars, links, scripts, and variables declared at document scope.|
When the Tellme VoiceXML interpreter executes the following VoiceXML document it converts the string "Hello World!" to speech, plays that string to the user, and then transitions to the main Tellme service menu.
<?xml version="1.0"?> <vxml version="2.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/vxml"> <form> <block> Hello World! <exit /> </block> </form> </vxml>