Tellme Operations Frequently Asked Questions
This FAQ contains answers to questions about Tellme Operations and the Tellme Voice Application Network.
- How does Tellme optimize their platform for application performance?
- How do you prevent the Internet from becoming a performance bottleneck?
Q: How does Tellme optimize their platform for application performance?|
The Tellme Platform has been optimized for performance, scalability and reliability using such features as:
- Intelligent Caching Technology. The Tellme Platform contains intelligent caching technology that minimizes network traffic by caching VoiceXML, audio files and compiled grammars. File retrieval over the Internet is prevented from becoming a performance bottleneck.
- Load Balancing and Resource Pooling. To maximize application performance under diverse loading scenarios, the Tellme Platform makes extensive use of load balancing, resource pooling, and dynamic resource allocation to ensure that each hosted application has access to the resources it needs.
- Multi-Threaded, High-Performance Servers. All of Tellme's custom-developed servers use multi-threaded C++ implementations, delivering the most performance from available hardware resources.
- Intelligent Grammar Compilation. Before the speech recognition engine can use a grammar, the grammar must be compiled. To prevent unnecessary re-compilation of grammars, the Platform uses a high-performance indexing technique to cache and re-use previously compiled grammars.
Q: How do you prevent the Internet from becoming a performance bottleneck?|
The Tellme platform uses a sophisticated proxy server to minimize the amount of traffic traveling between Tellme and each customer's Web site.
The proxy maintains a local cache of content of retrieved over the Web so that repeated requests for the same file can be served from the cache instead of having to request each time over the Internet.